A Journey Back To Whole



Monday, December 21, 2009

"Bake the Biscuits...sell them..."

November 10, 2009

Fell asleep on my couch, mid afternoon. Very out of character for me, being someone who vacuums at midnight on a regular basis. My Grandma, my muse, my first cooking teacher came to me in a dream. She told me to bake the biscuits. Sell the biscuits.
So I rose from my dream inspired to begin, anew. Independence day.

Flashback...April 2008...

Drove to the beach to pick up a new addition to our family, in the form of a black Labradoodle puppy. The moment I laid eyes on our pup I thought of my Grandma Gert and her dog Jolly, black standard poodle was she. Couldn't wait to get home and bake him some of her biscuits. Being the first item she taught me to cook, it seemed apropo.

No comments: